Pair of large bleu egg shaped vases with landscapes, attrib. to Schoelcher in Paris
Gorgeous pair of egg-shaped vases, painted reserves of animated landscapes framed with engraved gold. Royal blue ground and gilded ornaments. Gilded biscuit handles with radiating masks. Superb condition.
Size: H 40,5 cm
Attributed to the manufactory of Marc Schoelcher, circa 1820.
Lit.: In 1789, Marc Schoelcher, dealer in Faience and porcelain in Rue de la Monnaie in Paris, buys out the prestigious manufactory of le Comte d’Artois, based on rue du faubourg Saint-Denis. Close to the Locré family, Marc knows his way around porcelain making. In 1806, the year of his divorce, he opened another store, boulevard des Italiens, which will be active until 1834. At the Paris Exhibition in 1819, Schoelcher wins a silver medal for porcelain pieces “as beautiful as those of Sèvres”. Schoelcher porcelain is always of high quality. His son Victor will work with him before becoming a politician and sign in 1848 the decree that will abolish slavery. Father and son will both be buried at the Panthéon in Paris in 1849.
In stockContact us